Our Doctors Talking About Weight Loss Surgery Procedures
We get asked a lot… What Is Weight Loss Surgery?
It is a serious question because it is a serious surgery.
Before we begin you can download our PDF Guide To Bariatric Surgery by clicking here
- We urge you to go over that guide as it has a wealth of information for you.
The simple idea is that bariatric surgery “weight loss surgery” changes the digestive process to have faster weight loss.
- Combined Restrictive/Malabsorptive
Most successful operations are now “combined”.
There are many bariatric procedures and the best one for you will be between you and your doctor. Everyone is different. You could spend countless hours online researching which is a good thing, but you really should speak with a doctor first and find the right solution for you.
Are You A Candidate For A Weight Loss Procedure?
- If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 40 or above, you are medically considered a candidate for surgery. You can use our BMI calculator here on our website and simply enter your height (feet and inches) and your current weight.
If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 35 and 39.99 – you may medically qualify for surgery. You must have at least two (2) medical illnesses that correlate to obesity. The most common medical illnesses (and your consultation with the surgeon will discuss any additional criteria) include:
- Type II Diabetes
- Sleep Apnea
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
There is more to know about surgery for weight loss. We have created different sections on our website to help you better understand them. Below are topics that might interest you if you are thinking about having a bariatric surgery done.
If you have any questions feel free to use our Contact Form or call us any time (973) 218-1990
- Am I A Candidate For Weight Loss Surgery – Click Here
- Understanding And Living With Obesity – Click Here
- What To Expect After Weight Loss Surgery – Click Here
- Your New Healthy Life Style – Click Here
- Our Patient Before & After Pictures – Click Here
- Our Patient Testimonials – Click Here
- Gallery Of Before and After Surgery Photos – Click Here
- Our Guidebook To Bariatric Surgery – PDF Download Click Here